Durian from Thailand might be stereotypically known as a stinking-smell fruit making many people refuse to taste it. However, Thai durian can be the best durian that is incredibly aromatic and delicious if you understand durian types and ripeness.
So, together with your most trusted wholesale food market like AEC FOOD WHOLESALE PRATUNAM, we are breaking all stereotypes about durian and making you understand more about why this kind of fruit is considered to be the “King of Fruits in Thailand”.
What is Durian?
Durian is a tropical fruit known as the “King of Fruits.” It comes from Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand and surrounding countries. Such fruit is unique because of its spiky, tough outer shell and creamy, custard-like flesh inside.
Some people love all durian types because of their rich, sweet taste, which can be a mix of flavors like custard, almond, and caramel. However, others find its smell quite strong and distinct, often describing it as pungent or even offensive. Despite the smell, durian has a dedicated fan base, and it’s a significant part of the culinary culture in many Asian countries.
If you are looking for some durians to taste for the first time, here are little tips to help you select the right durian types for your preference.
Durian Selecting Tips
- Smell: The aroma of a ripe durian is strong and distinctive. A good durian should have a rich, sweet smell. Avoid ones with a fermented or alcoholic scent, as this indicates overripeness.
- Color: Looking for the best durian with a bright, golden-yellow color on the spikes. However, the color alone might not always indicate ripeness, so rely more on the smell and other signs.
- Spikes: Check the spikes or thorns on all durian types. If they are widely spaced and the gaps are starting to crack, they might be ripe. However, if they are too sharp and close together, the durian might be underripe.
- Sound: Some experts tap the durian to listen for a hollow sound, which suggests ripeness. A ripe Thai durian should sound dull and deep, indicating that the fruit inside is soft and creamy.
- Feel: Press the durian gently. A ripe durian should yield slightly to pressure, indicating that the flesh inside is soft and creamy. If it feels too hard, it’s likely underripe.
- Thick Stem: Such fruit with thicker stems tend to be riper and have better flavor. Thin or dry stems might indicate an older age.
- Season: This kind of fruit has a specific season in various regions. Buying in its peak season often ensures better quality and taste.
- Variety: All durian types have a slightly different taste and texture. If you have a preference, make sure you’re selecting the right variety.
The Extraordinary Thai Durian
Thai durian for many people is considered to be the best durian of all durians ever. This is simply because it stands out for its premium quality. Its creamy, custard-like texture is incredibly indulgent, making it a favorite dessert ingredient.
Durian from Thailand’s flavor profile is very diverse, ranging from sweet custard to hints of almond and caramel, creating a delightful taste experience. Additionally, Thai durians are renowned for various durian types, along with their strong aroma, which, while divisive, adds to the fruit’s unique appeal. This tropical delicacy is not just a fruit, it’s an adventure for the taste buds, offering a rich and unforgettable culinary experience.
Thai Durian Varieties
After learning what durian is, where it originated, and what it tastes like, let’s explore more about the durian types. So, your most trusted wholesale food market AEC FOOD WHOLESALE PRATUNAM has these types of Thai durian listed below for you to understand even more about the King of Fruits. Let’s see what they are and which type suits your preference the best!
- Monthong: It is known for its thick, custard-like flesh and small seeds. Its mild sweetness and buttery consistency make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Chanee: For those who prefer a bolder flavor of durian, Chanee is a treat. They boast a stronger taste, coupled with a slightly bitter note, making them a unique choice for adventurous foodies.
- Kradum Thong: Kradum Thong is simply translated to “Golden Pillow,” and has a bright yellow flesh with a strong aroma and a sweet, custard-like consistency. Kradum Thong is one of the durian types favored for its deliciously sweet and savory notes, making it a sought-after choice in the wholesale market in Bangkok.
- Gaan Yao: Gaan Yao is distinctive for their creamy texture and a sweetness that lingers on the taste buds. The velvety, custard-like pulp makes it a popular choice for all enthusiasts.
- Puangmanee: This type is renowned for its reddish-brown husk and incredibly sweet, custard-like flesh. Its name translates to “flower of the durian,” highlighting its exceptional taste and aroma. Puangmanee is sometimes considered the best durian among locals and tourists because of the delightful sweetness that is hard to resist.
Menu Ideas from Durians
- Durian Ice Cream
- Durian Coffee
- Durian Cheesecake
- Durian Sticky Rice
- Durian Curry
- Durian Dip
- Durian Fried Rice
- Durian Satay
Premium Durian Products at AEC FOOD WHOLESALE PRATUNAM
Discover a world of exquisite Thai durian products at AEC FOOD WHOLESALE PRATUNAM, your ultimate destination for premium durian products. Step into our world of culinary delights, where the aroma of ripe durians fills the air, promising an indulgent experience for your senses. Our carefully curated selection showcases the finest durian varieties, handpicked for their exceptional taste and quality.
From creamy durian pastries to luscious durian ice creams, our range of premium durian products is designed to cater to every palate. Visit us today and immerse yourself in the exquisite world of the best durian in Thailand’s delicacies that will leave you craving more.
For more information…
- Website: https://aectradecenter-th.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aecpantip
- Inbox: https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/aectradecenter.th
- LINE: @aecpantip
- Phone: 062-591-4053, 062-196-1614 (For selling space leasing)
In case you have more inquiries about Thai durian and durian types, need consultation on where to source the best durian in Thailand, or want to purchase premium durian products, we have all available for you at AEC FOOD WHOLESALE PRATUNAM—your best of the best wholesale market in Bangkok. Contact us via the channels above or visit our center today. You will always be welcome!